Many extended health plans and employee assistance plans cover fees with a Registered Clinical Counsellor. If you plan to use such coverage, check with your employer to see if you are covered before booking a consultation or counselling session.
Regular hourly rate is $120 per 50 minute session. Students and those on a limited income may be eligible for a sliding scale rate.
Payment by cash or cheque is due when services are rendered. A receipt will be provided at time of payment and may be submitted for reimbursement.
Potential clients may have an initial free 15 minute consultation. Consultations are held face-to-face.
The BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) requires that an individual who is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) have the following training:
- A Master’s Degree in a counselling-related discipline from a recognized university
- Completion of 1,000 hours of professionally-supervised counselling work and a letter of recommendation from that supervisor
- Criminal reference check and is bondable
- Has completed an ethics course
- Several professional references attesting to the counsellor’s character and skills